Function check of the pseudonymous measuring method¶
Please note: Only for pseudonymous measurement.
Function of the SZM-Checker¶
The SZM-Checker provides a log of the measurement pulses arriving in the INFOnline measuring system.
With this log, the customer can track the integration of the measurement into a web page, into an app or into a MEW. Continuous tracking of the functional integration of the measurement from the browser/end device to the measuring system is made possible, thus simplifying testing and troubleshooting tasks.
The SZM-Checker serves to support you and gives you the possibility to verify already in the development and test process whether the integration of the web, MEW or app measurement into your web page, into your MEW or into your app was technically successful.
Alternatively, you can check the integration of the library in apps in the first step in the developer log of the respective development environment (see Integration Guide iOS/Android).
Structure of the SZM-Checker¶
The SZM-Checker consists of the following components:
- The SZM-Checker frontend is a website that allows users to request the protocol.
- The SZM-Checker frontend can be accessed at the following URL: http://szm-checker.ioam.de/
INFOnline offers for the supported mobile operating systems (iOS, Android)) Apps, through which the logs of an app usage are requested.
The apps are distributed in the following ways:
Operation of SZM-Checker¶
Note on use
To request a protocol from the measuring system, the following requirements must be met:
- If the app to be tested transmits only the VendorID and/or InstallationID, this app cannot be tested using SZM-Checker.
- The log must be requested using the same end device via which the usage process is generated.
- If web usage is to be logged, it must be requested using the same browser that is subsequently used to generate the web page usage. In the meantime, cookies must not be deleted.
- If app usage is to be logged, it must be requested using the SZM-Checker app.
- If MEW usage is to be logged, it must be requested using the same browser that is subsequently used for MEW usage. In the meantime, cookies must not be deleted.
The log is delivered with a time offset of up to 30 minutes after the logging period ends.
Step by step instructions¶
Unless explicitly described otherwise, the following operating instructions apply to logging a web, an app, as well as a MEW usage process.
Step 1: Step 1: Calling the SZM-Checker.
- Calling the URL http://szm-checker.ioam.de/ in the stationary browser.
- Launching the SZM-Checker app. After starting the app, the SZM-Checker frontend will be called automatically.
- Calling up the URL http://szm-checker.ioam.de/ in the mobile browser.
Step 1a: Confirmation of transmission of various characteristics for device identification (only when using the SZM-Checker app on Android).
By confirming this query with "Yes," you agree that the SZM-Checker app may send all of the aforementioned IDs to INFOnline for the purpose of identifying your current test device. When you use the SZM-Checker app again on the same Android device, the query will then no longer appear.
If you click "No," you will only agree to the ADID being sent to INFOnline. In this case, you will be asked again for permission to transmit all IDs each time you use the SZM-Checker app on Android.
If you clicked on "No" to allow only the ADID to be transmitted, you will then not be able to use the SZM-Checker app to test Android apps that use a version 1.1.1 or lower of the INFOnline Android Library.
This is because the library uses the ADID for device identification only as of version 1.1.2, whereas earlier versions do not. This means that if only the ADID is transmitted by the SZM-Checker app, the test device cannot be identified in the measuring system and thus no test log can be created when testing Android apps that use a version of the Library lower than 1.1.2.
If you have clicked "No" here by mistake, please restart the SZM-Checker app.
Step 2: Login
Please log in using the access data you received from the INFOnline Customer Service team or from your customer on whose behalf you are developing and testing an app:
If the login is not possible, please contact our Customer Service team directly (see chap. Contact).
The following points inform you about the check of the measuring impulses. You trigger these by clicking on the "SZM-Checker" button.
Step 4: Entering the logging parameters
- Site: Please select the site ID assigned by INFOnline that is used by the web page, app or MEW to be logged.
- Duration: Please select the duration of logging (10/20/30 min). Logging starts at the time you execute the email confirmation (see step 5).
- Email: Please enter your email address to which the confirmation email and log can be sent. After entering the data, please click on the "Start" button. In the following dialog you will get a confirmation that the order has been saved and a hint for the confirmation e-mail (see step 5):
Step 5: Confirm logging order.
After submitting the logging parameters, you will receive an email to the email address you specified. Please open this email and click on the activation link it contains. The activation link can be accessed from any terminal device.
From the moment of activation, logging of usage in the SZM system begins. The usage processes of your
- of your stationary browser (Web) / end device (App) / mobile browser (MEW)
- for the specified site ID
- for the specified duration
Evaluation of the log¶
After completion of the logging period as well as the downstream processing time of up to 30 minutes, the log of the usage will be sent to you in CSV format to the specified email address.
The CSV file contains one line per user action/event. Each line contains the following values:
- time: UNIX timestamp in UTC
- client: Identifier of the terminal device/browser
- error: INFOnline error code
- site: Site ID of the web/app/mew
- page code: Content code according to Cat 2.0 (Web and MEW: mandatory, App: only for mobile PIs)
- type: type of retrieved pixel, possible values:
- cp: content pixel (in normal content pages).
- fp: Flash pixel
- xp: test pixel (not counted)
- oc: content code according to KAT 1.2 (web only; can be empty)
- sv: control Frabo delivery, possible values:
- ke or [empty]: frabo is not delivered
- mo: mobile Frabo will be delivered
- in: stationary Frabo is delivered
- mg: SZMnG migration mode specification, possible values:
- [blank]: SZMnG migration mode is not activated ( at 1st mention explanation 'new generation of scalable central measuring procedures' in brackets).
- yes: SZMnG migration mode is enabled ( at 1st mention explanation 'new generation of scalable central measuring procedures' in brackets).
- event: event of the app measurement (app only)
- parameter: technical parameters of the measurement (automatically determined by measuring system or measuring library), may contain some of the values described here again
- useragent: user agent string of the browser
- url: URL called up (Web, Mew)
- pis: Indication whether measurement pulse is PI-relevant, possible values:
- 0: measurement pulse is not PI-relevant (only for certain app events).
- 1: Measurement pulse is PI-relevant
- dimension: Measurement type (Web, App, Hyb)
Based on this log, you are now given the opportunity to check the user actions you have performed for validity. Please check the respective user actions/events for correct transmission of the above values.
The error field gives you an indication of whether the incoming measurement pulses are technically correct. The following table describes the possible codes that are transmitted in the error field. The error codes N are notifications and do not represent an error.
|OK||No Error (If no error (Ex) occurred, notifications (Nx) are possible)|
|E2||No parameter specified|
|E3||Cookie could not be set|
|E4||Request is neither GET nor POST|
|E6||problem with ae container|
|E7||ae container is not JSON|
|E8||no uuid found|
|E9||no offerIdentifier set|
|E11||No events inside the ae container|
|N1||No UUID found in ae or mi|
|N3||uuid found, ie set (app measurement)|
|N4||no i00 cookie set|
|N5||cookie renewed due to higher version number|
|N6||mi found, ie set (hybrid measurement)|
|N7||ls found, ie set (iPhone)|
|N8||no id found, use hash|
|N10||LSO not accessible|
|N11||Error in aid.io|
|N13||No page code submitted, default empty code set|
|N14||Cookie defective, was set again|
|N15||LSO set, not usable for client resolving|
|N22||No Privacy Settings specified|
|N23||Invalid Privacy Setting|
|A1||Referrer not whitelisted (no measurement|
|A2||Error during client resolving (no measurement)|
|A3||Session could not be resolved (no measurement)|
|A4||Checksum in record is not correct (no measurement)|
|A6||NoScript was used but not activated (no measurement)|
|A7||Call of an app was filtered due to an IVW correction (no measurement)|
|A8||Call of a mew within an app (hybrid) was filtered due to an IVW correction (no measurement)|
|A9||Call of a Mew was filtered due to an IVW correction (no measurement)|
|A10||Device delivers data from the future via library|
|A11||JSON in dataset (ae or mi) could not be processed. Defective JSON object|
|A12||Flash pixel (fp)|
|A13||Newsletter pixel (np)|
|A14||Test pixel (no measurement)|
|A15||Blank code has been replaced by string "Blank_code_unassignable"|
|A17||Plausibility check (no measurement)|
|A18||Error plausibility check (no measurement)|
|A19||Subdomain measurement not equal to subdomain siteconfig (no measurement)|
|A21||Invalid PI with empty URL (no measurement)|